Terminology for Large Organizations is a consortium of terminologists who promote terminology management as an essential part of corporate identity, content development, content management, and global communications in large organizations.
- Terminology Starter Guide
- TermBase eXchange (TBX)
- External Resources
- Terminology Events
- Provide guidelines and best practices for terminology management.
- Raise awareness about the role of terminology for effective internal and external communications, knowledge transfer, education, risk mitigation, content management, translation and global market presence, particularly in large organizations.
- Represent stakeholders of terminology standards and tools.
- Determine and promote the economic value of managing terminology.
See our full Mission and Charter.
- Hanne Smaadahl (SAP), Chair
- Elena Dunne (Rockwell Automation)
- Dino Ferrari (Geberit International)
- Martina Fürlinger (CLS Communication/Lionbridge)
- Amelia Gonzalez-Gil (Canon Europe)
- Mats Granström (Interverbum Technology)
- Christine Hug (Canadian Government Translation Bureau)
- Sue Kocher (SAS)
- Ronan Martin (SAS)
- Alan Melby (Brigham Young University)
- Marion Mordenti (Hewlett-Packard)
- Petr Oklestek (Avaya)
- Kristina Olsson (Sony Mobile)
- Palle Petersen (Microsoft)
- Detlef Reineke (Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
- Dee Stribling (SAS)
- Ulrich Wachowius (SDL)
- Kara Warburton (Termologic)
- Michael Wetzel (ESTeam)
- Johannes Widmann (Liebherr-International)
New members welcome
We are currently welcoming new members. If you work in a large organizational setting (public or private), you have some interest in or responsibility for managing terminology, and you would like to contribute to this developing field, please send an email to email@example.com. Please see our Mission and Charter for more information on our mandate.
TerminOrgs maintains the TBX-Basic specification. A new version was released in February 2014.